- FORE Business handicaps are governed by the VPAR system. It is recommended that you download the VPAR App to your smartphone or Tablet.
- On registration with VPAR, you should enter your current lowest handicap (CONGU or FORE Business).
- In order to be eligible to enter National events and/or to win a Red Shirt at Group events, members must use their VPAR handicap.
- All rounds played both in FORE Business, and in non-FORE Business events, must be entered on the VPAR system, in order to ensure accurate and up-to-date handicaps.
- Whilst scores can be entered retroactively for non-FORE Business rounds of golf, scores at FORE Business events should be entered ‘live’ on each hole. This further ensures accuracy of scoring and allows for Leader-boards to be displayed at events where they are in use.
- ‘Gimmies’ are permissible at Group events only, for the purpose of handicapping and for group results, but must be within prescribed lengths (12inches/30cms).
- Ambassador Teams may apply a ‘discretionary’ handicap adjustment, where
- they unanimously agree a starting handicap has been inaccurately assessed
- and/or in the case of a member winning twice within any 3-month period, where both winning scores were 38pts or more.
- Such adjustments, where applied, should be in keeping with the following guidelines:
- 4 shots if your handicap is between 30 & 36 inclusive
- 3 shots if your handicap is between 20 & 29 inclusive
- 2 shots if your handicap is between 10 & 19 inclusive
- 1 shot if your handicap is between 0 & 9 inclusive
- A VIP with a current CONGU handicap can play their first FORE Business event using this handicap.
- Please note: If a VIP playing with a CONGU handicap wins in their inaugural event, they are eligible to win a Red Shirt (subject to receipt of their membership application and joining fee)
- A VIP attending their first event without a CONGU handicap, must play with a maximum handicap of 24 (Men) and 32 (Women).
- Please note: these are maximum allowed starting handicaps, but before applying this handicap the Ambassador Teams should enquire if the VIP has ever held a CONGU handicap and if so, make an informed judgement as to their ‘first-event’ handicap with FORE Business.
- A VIP without a CONGU handicap will be required to enter 3 scores on VAPR, in order to be eligible to enter National events and/or to win a Red Shirt at Group events (in keeping with Rule 3 above).
The cooperation of all members is requested in accurately recording ALL rounds of golf they play, in order to create a fair handicapping system for the community, in keeping with the integrity of the game we all love. Please ensure you update your handicap on your App profile to reflect changes as and when they occur.